IDSA offers two scholarships each year through funds generously donated by Society members and our own Design Foundation. These scholarships allow the Society to help students at the earliest stages of their design careers and provide much needed financial support. The recipients of our scholarships go on to do great things within the design community and achieve great successes professionally.
The application window for both programs runs from April 20, 山西新11选5 through May 20, 山西新11选5. Judging takes place June 22, 山西新11选5 through July 20, 山西新11选5. Winners are announced on July 27, 山西新11选5.
Gianninoto Industrial Design Graduate Scholarship
IDSA’s Gianninoto Graduate Scholarship originally was established with a $25,000 contribution by the late Francesco Gianninoto, FIDSA, a US package designer who was a founder of the Package Design Council, and president of Gianninoto Associates from 1932 to 1983. One of his most famous designs was the “Elsie Daisy,” the Borden Cow. Gianninoto was an honorary professor at Western Connecticut State University, where he taught communication through design.
IDSA offers one Gianninoto Graduate Scholarship annually. The recipient will recieve a $1,500 USD award to be used for graduate course tuition fees in the completion of an industrial design degree. Awards are based solely on the excellence of the work students have submitted.
- Any applicant shall be in their final year of study in an undergraduate industrial design program and currently applying/accepted to graduate school, or a student currently enrolled in an industrial design graduate program. Applicants must be a student member of IDSA.
- Applicants who are practicing professionals returning to graduate school are eligible to apply and must be a current member of IDSA.
- Once an applicant has been awarded a Gianninoto graduate scholarship, he/she is ineligible to apply again even if application criteria is met.
Design Foundation Industrial Design Undergraduate Scholarship
- Any applicant shall be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student and pursuing an industrial design degree. Applicants must be a student member of IDSA.
- Applicants must have completed their freshman year of college; have at least one semester of undergraduate studies remaining prior to graduation; and must be earning a “B” or better cumulative GPA.
- Once an applicant has been awarded a Design Foundation undergraduate scholarship, he/she is ineligible to apply again even if they still meet the application criteria.